Landlords of commercial property can repossess the property under Common Law by forfeiting the lease

The tenancy contract will normally give the landlord the right to forfeit the lease if rent payment is overdue by a specified period – often 21 days. 

After this time, you can forfeit the lease simply by entering the property and changing the locks.

Normally the landlord would instruct a certificated bailiff (also known as an enforcement agent) to do this on his behalf.

To instruct us to repossess commercial property using our team of nationwide certificated bailiffs and enforcement agents, please use this form: Authority to Effect Forfeiture.