As a residential landlord wishing to repossess your property, your first step is to get an order for possession. Normally, this would be executed by a County Court Bailiff, but we are hearing from many clients that there are long delays due to their high workload.

Rather than waiting, sometimes several  months, for County Court Bailiffs, you can apply to the County Court that issued your possession order to transfer it to the High Court for enforcement.

If you are about to apply for the order, you can apply for the transfer at the same time under Section 42 of the County Courts Act 1984. Once the writ is sealed, our officers will evict your tenants.

Under Section 42 of the County Court Act 1984, it is possible to request that a judge transfer the order to the High Court for enforcement by a High Court Enforcement Officer under a writ of possession. it is important that the order is made correctly and the right wording used. If you are owed rent, you can also add a claim for money to the possession order.

The benefit of using The Sheriffs Office is that we can act very quickly to execute the writ and return your property to you.

Please get in touch to see how we can help.

Update May 2016: the transfer up process for the eviction of tenants from residential property was regularised, with the introduction of a new process and forms. You can read more in this article and you can download our updated free eBook guide.