If you have been awarded an Employment Tribunal award or ACAS settlement and are having trouble getting what's due to you, help is at hand.

A new procedure called the Fast Track scheme was introduced in 2010 to make it easier and quicker for people who have won Employment Tribunal awards or ACAS Conciliation settlements to use High Court Enforcement Officers (HCEO) to actually get paid their award.

If you have an award or settlement that is up to six years old, you can enforce it through The Sheriffs Office by transferring the award to the High Court for enforcement.

What an HCEO can recover

There is NO minimal award value to use this route - normally a judgment must be £600 or above for transfer to the High Court for enforcement, but this does not apply to employment tribunal awards.

Even better, there is no abortive fee if enforcement is unsuccessful (for example, if there are no assets to seize, the defendant cannot be traced or is bankrupt, or insolvent in the case of a company).

This means that your maximum outlay is just the £66 fee for the writ. And, if enforcement is successful, this fee is recovered from the defendant.
We will also collect interest on the award, plus all enforcement fees and costs are recovered from the defendant.

To instruct us

Please send us the:

  • Completed  Form N471 for employment tribunal awards or the completed Form N471A for ACAS settlements
  • Original award (please take a copy for your records)
  • £66 court fee (by cheque made payable to HMCTS)

To: The Sheriffs Office, 3rd Floor, Linden House, Guards Avenue, Caterham CR3 5XL

Or, instruct us online.