Enforcing an employment tribunal award

If you have an employment tribunal award that is up to six years old, you can enforce it through The Sheriffs Office by transferring the award to the High Court for enforcement.

There is NO minimal award value to use this route - normally a judgment must be £600 or above for transfer to the High Court for enforcement, but this does not apply to employment tribunal awards.

Even better news, there is no abortive fee if enforcement is unsuccessful (for example, if there are no assets to seize, the defendant cannot be traced or is bankrupt, or insolvent in the case of a company). 

This means that your maximum outlay is just the £66 transfer-up fee. And, when enforcement is successful, this fee is recovered from the defendant. 

We will also collect interest on the award, plus all enforcement fees and costs are recovered from the defendant.

To instruct us to enforce your employment tribunal award, please complete and return Form N471, along with the original award (please take a copy for your records) and the £66 court fee (by cheque made payable to HMCTS) to: The Sheriffs Office, Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon CR0 0XZ.