If you have a County Court Judgment (CCJ) over £600, a High Court Judgment or an Order for Possession, then you have come to the right place.
As High Court Enforcement Officers (HCEOs) we can enforce a number of different types of writs which allow you to recover the following:
- Judgments for money, whether the debtor is an individual or organisation
- Employment tribunal awards and ACAS settlements that have not been paid
- Specific goods
- Property, whether commercial or residential, and land from tenants
- Evict squatters from commercial property and land
- Foreign judgments awarded in another country but where the defendants has assets in England or Wales
An overview of transferring up
Once you have your judgment or order, you can transfer it to the High Court for enforcement by The Sheriffs Office. All you need to do to get started is:
- instruct us by filling in the appropriate form for what you want to do
- Send us your judgment or order (keep a copy for yourself)
- Send us a cheque for £60 payable to HMCTS
We will manage the entire transfer up process on your behalf - at no charge - and commence enforcement action once we receive the writ back from Court.
How we work:
Our nationwide team of experienced High Court Enforcement Officers (HCEO) operate nationwide across England and Wales. Once we receive the writ we assign the appropriate enforcement team to your case and schedule their visit.
One thing we don't do is tell the defendant exactly when we are going to visit! We find advance notice can cause assets to be hidden or damage to be done to property.
When we arrive, we are permitted to force entry to commercial premises. Our extensive powers also include the ability to enter residential premises through an unlocked door or open window and to climb perimeter walls and fences.
When enforcing a judgment where money needs to be paid, our first action is to seize the debtor's goods, chattels and other property. These can be removed and sold if the debtor fails to pay the sums due. In most cases, the threat of seizure is enough to secure payment.
We attend to collect the judgment amount, your court costs, your £60 transfer-up court fee, judgment interest at 8%. Our fees and costs are paid by the debtor.
Unlike many of our competitors, all of our High Court Enforcement Officers are also experienced Certificated Bailiffs and they all carry portable credit/debit card machines allowing easy secure Chip and PIN payment by the defendant and NO chargebacks!
For more details, please select the relevant page from the menu on the right.
Should you require any further information or have any questions please contact us where our team will be happy to assist you.